Project Manger - Cambridge
What is the job?
The Project Manager is a motivated, organized, and knowledgeable individual willing to contribute their experience and expertise in the area of managing fire sprinkler installations. The Project Manager prepares, schedules, and works with Road Supervisors to manage field staff on the installation of fire sprinkler systems in existing and new construction projects. The Project Manager is a team player and essential in the success of installation project, by completing the following tasks:
- Oversee, schedule & ensure the completion of the installation of sprinkler systems.
- Coordinate work with design, fabrication and installation personnel.
- Coordinate with General Contractor and/or Customer to meet deadlines and project schedule.
- Order specialty material as needed and participate in fabrication requests for projects
- Review change documents and participate in pricing changes.
- Communicate with office as to extras, change notices, and scheduling needs.
- Assist with customer inquiries and ensure a positive customer experience.
- Raising the bar in the sprinkler industry by training and equipping field staff
- Prepare new projects with estimators and coordinate kick off tasks.
- Track and participate in drawing submissions and applicable permit applications as required.
- Coordinate testing with the installation crew and applicable parties and ensure all close out documents are obtained
- Develop and establish working relationships with the general contractors and owners.
- Provide details of the completed jobs to the sales team to price the annual inspections.
- Assist with training and development of junior project staff.
- Participate in company safety training and programs and provide oversight for staff in safety initiatives
& Please note that the geographic region for this position includes Cambridge, Hamilton, London, Windsor, and surrounding areas
What makes you valuable?
- Project management experience is an asset including experience with planning, executing, and controlling projects
- Able to prioritize work, and meet deadlines
- Good organizational skills for people and information
- Strong knowledge and experience in the fire sprinkler industry **amp; codes
- Good interpersonal skills with staff and customers
- Experience in the construction industry is an asset
- Mechanical coordination experience is valuable but not required
If you pride yourself on DELIVERING RESULTS and FORGING TRUST with your colleagues and customers, we are eager to hear from you!
To learn more please reach out to our HR team through Indeed or toll free at 1-800-755-0962.
We thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates who meet the above qualifications will be contacted for an interview.